Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Junk Snail Mail Followup Followup

A report on my attempts to reduce junk mail, as described in previous posts. I finally did write to the Direct Marketing Association asking to be removed from their lists. While I didn't keep any records of my junk mail receipts before and after, I have definitely seen a significant reduction in the number of junk letters. Not a total reduction, but noticeable.

I blame the continuing flow on Citibank and AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association). AOPA, I understand, but I wish I didn't get so many letters. Citi, I don't understand, because I already have a credit card with them. Why would I want to sign up with another?

It might be worth writing to both of them directly asking to be removed from their lists as well. I'll report back what happens.

In the mean time, if you want to reduce you junk mail, I highly recommend writing to DMA. Here's the address again:

MAIL PREFERENCE SERVICE
ATTN: DEPT 7488547
DIRECT MARKETING ASSOCIATION
PO BOX 282
Carmel NY 10512-0282

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home