Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Junk Snail Mail Followup

I received some good feedback from the recent post on junk snail mail. Thomas had a very good point that the USPS makes money with third class mail and thus wouldn't really be interested in ending it. Very true.

I did get a reply from the USPS support when I inquired about this. Here's what they said:
Anyone who wants to reduce the amount of marketing mail they receive may write to the Direct Marketing Association Preference Service, which is independent of the Postal Service, and let them know they don’t want to receive marketing mail. Here’s the address:

MAIL PREFERENCE SERVICE
ATTN: DEPT 7488547
DIRECT MARKETING ASSOCIATION
PO BOX 282
Carmel NY 10512-0282
So there you have it. I plan on writing in the next couple days. Who knows if it will reduce my junk mail. I'll let you all know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home